Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Version 1.03 Adds New Camera!
PostPosted: Mon 31 Jul 2017, 00:22 
Geneshift Creator

The most interesting change in version 1.03 is a brand new camera view. Previously the camera was zoomed in and would move as you moved the cursor. But now you can zoom the camera all the way out, showing a lot more of your surroundings. This not only gives you more situational awareness, but keeps your player fixed to the centre of the screen, reducing motion sickeness too!

I've also completely reworked SubwayS02, adding 2 new vehicle sections and an interesting new "Hotline Miami" inspired section as well. The guards in this section wear red clothing and deal MUCH more damage. This requires more precise, tactical skill to take them out. Many people have compared Geneshift to Hotline Miami, and it is indeed a great game, so I'm going to be adding more of these high damage sections in future versions. Feedback is welcome on this new type of enemy!

There's also a new rotating camera view, which applies when driving vehicles. Some people get motion sick from it though, so I've made it optional and off by default. Still, it's pretty fun to mess around with, and makes for a more immersive driving experience!

There are a bunch of bug fixes and performance tweaks. I've fixed one really silly bug that was causing some paying customers to see the demo version, and made a huge improvement to the performance in the singleplayer campaign as well. As always, check the changelog for more information.

Finally, Geneshift is going on sale for a week on Steam at 20% off. If you haven't bought it yet or have some friends who are keen, now would be a great time to let them know. Enjoy!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]