Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Version 0.992: Speedrun Leaderboards and new skill scaling!
PostPosted: Mon 21 Sep 2015, 01:04 
Geneshift Creator

Another grooovy version! Before I go into details though I have to make an important announcement! Everyone's level has been scaled down to 50% of what it used to be. Don't be alarmed, this is a good thing! This is because the skill system has been changed in a big way this version, and skills now range from levels 1 to 5, instead of 1 to 15. To make this work everyones level has gone down, but relatively you are actually more powerful than before. This change simplifies the skill system greatly and I'm really excited for it, but this change to existing profiles was needed. I have also had to clear everyone's skill builds for this to work.

Anyway in other news, we have a new game mode for Outbreak called Speedruns! In Speedruns you compete on leaderboards to set the fastest time for the map. This for the first time in forever gives Mutant Factions a genuine single-player game mode and I'm very excited to see how it plays! Of course you can play co-op and set a speedrun record with friends as well. Outbreak has been massively reworked and should be a lot more fun and challenging too!

There are some awesome reworks to the cash system to check out too. Tier 1 weapons now only cost $1000 while tier 2 weapons now only cost $3000. Chemicals can now be bought directly from the spawn zone and are significantly cheaper when bought from the Base Chemicals too! These reworks will speed up gameplay, provide more variety and diversity to competitive play, and make the game easier for new players too!

As always there are plenty of other improvements and tweaks, so check out the changelog for more info! Have fun!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]