Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Reworked Downtown
PostPosted: Sun 21 Jun 2015, 00:54 
Geneshift Creator

I have finally finished updating Downtown with all the new lighting and model changes. All these months of reworking the graphics engine are finally paying off! Not only does the map look nicer but I've also listened to your feedback and made some significant gameplay changes as well. Downtown was too open and sniper friendly before, with a massive road that you HAD to cross which could very easily be covered by sniper fire. I have fixed this by bending the map in half, halving the effective range that snipers can shoot. I've also added a few extra routes which are relatively close quarter and don't expose you to the massive long sniping angles like the old highway did. Best of all the map is still large and wide so vehicles and long range players have plenty of areas to use as well. Oh, there are some new secret jumps to explore too. Check it:

And here are some choice screenshots. Here we see how the highway bends up north. Also notice how I've made the vehicle jumps much cleaner to drive over. Also look at how many decals and models there are! The map is alive!! Even though the entire map is made our of blocks and tiles, it doesn't look it. It looks like an actual overhead view of a deserted city. These models add so much detail. And the lighting and shadows add plenty of depth too.

Here's a shot from Outbreak, showing a part of the new northern route. God damn it looks sexy! Notice how it's clearly night time, and yet the lights are very bright in any areas that you'd need to play in. Good gameplay and good graphics!

Anway I'm very excited to see how good I can make all the other official maps! 1 down, 9 to go!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]