Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Geneshift has launched on Steam Early Access!
PostPosted: Tue 23 May 2017, 16:54 
Geneshift Creator

It only took 8 years, but Geneshift is finally on Steam. I want to say a big thank you to everyone who's played over the years - your feedback and support has been invaluable. Now that we're on Steam our community can grow, so please tell your friends. Show them the free multiplayer demo! Also please leave a Steam review - it really helps us get more players. Now let's play!

Of course, this is only the Early Access launch. There's a lot more fun stuff to look forward to! More content, more features, you guys decide! The next big feature will be ranked servers, where players are awarded ranks based on their performance in-game. An advanced ELO system will accurately measure you skill and rank you up and down, encouraging all sorts of competitive and tactical play! This is almost fully coded but needs a bit more testing before release. Anyway, it should come out in a few weeks! After that, let's add more vehicles and chemicals :D

Once again, I want to say thank again to everyone who's helped me develop and release this game. I look forward to the next stage in Geneshift's history and seeing all the cool ideas and feedback you guys give me.

Post subject: Re: Geneshift has launched on Steam Early Access!
PostPosted: Tue 23 May 2017, 22:48 
Super Mutant

Look at this. At long last the release of Subvein(ok Gene Shift) is a reality! I'm so proud of you Ben and all of the hard work you have put into developing this amazing game. Turning your dream into a reality. Not many people can claim to have done that, and you are firmly in the group who can. I'm so grateful to have had the opportunity to be a part of this from the early days. I hope my participation was a help, even though I'm sure I was a bit of a pain at times ;) being a teenager back then. Looking back on my experiences here, I made many friends, all the people at Team Gamble, and the wonderful community at large, the original subvein family. As well I learned about the hard work it takes to make your dream a reality and the courage it takes to make that leap of faith, faith in yourself. Thank you for contributing to the inspiration I feel to chase my dreams. Clearly you have done somthing incredible here Ben, to have brought about not only an awesome work of art, but also a community and family of people from all over the globe with a shared interest in, and desire for the success of, your work of art. I think I speak on behalf of everyone here who has spent countless hours discussing and contributing to the development of your art, that what you have done has impacted us in a very positive way. Being a part of your journey is something I won't likely forget and happily share with friends and family interested in gaming. This launch was actually brought to my attention by my brother who noticed your AMA on reddit and recalled that I had spoken of it fondly a number of times years back. Please know that I always believed in the potential here and don't regret a minute of time spent here. Looking forward, I know you will continue to do wonderful things with your determination, ambition, and real passion for creating quality games. Stay true to yourself and you will surely find success my friend :) Congratulations!

Last edited by Cash on Wed 24 May 2017, 10:04, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed 24 May 2017, 09:15 
the one and only

Well worded. I'll second that!

Tag Generator | Subvein Notifier | My Maps | Talent Calculator

PostPosted: Thu 25 May 2017, 02:58 
Geneshift Creator

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the kind words. The feedback you have provided over the years has been essential, and without your support I wouldn't have had the motivation to finish. So cheers! Soon I'll be back to dev and we can discuss new content and balancing just like the old times. Can't wait :)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]